Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where does the time go?

So it's nearly a month since my last post. Where does the time go? We've had a mixed and varied last few weeks but it culminated with the crappy crap crap news that my beloved Grandma had died yesterday morning.

My dad's mum, I used to spend my Saturdays every week with my Grandma and Granddad, I used to stay when my Granddad went off on his fishing trips many years ago, I used to ride in their yellow 3-wheeler when I was little.
My Grandma wasn't a hugely demonstrative lady but I knew she loved me and was proud of me. She used to write poetry, I think if she'd been born in a different age, she would have been a great writer. Maybe it's because of her that I became a journalist. She kept a scrapbook with all my early stories in it and she was very proud of me.

I will miss her very much.

1 comment:

  1. Awwh.....I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma :(
    I have also lost both of mine, wonderful ladies both of them, miss em like crazy.

    Big Hugs
    S xXx

    ReplyDelete